Tuesday 3 February 2015

Track Four : Summertime

'Smiling away without even knowing'

Onto to track four a song entitled Summertime. This song is my favourite from the EP and truly encapsulates everything that is summer. It's silky smooth production just makes you feel like you're laying back on a meadow with nothing but blue sky above bathing under a glorious sunlight.

"There's more of an organic feel to this track was that on purpose?"

"I managed to squeeze an acoustic rock drum kit into my miniature studio and that's what gives the track more realism." says Steve. I'm not really much of a drummer and so have always relied on midi drum loops and although they can have the impact and take all the hard work out of micing up a drumkit, they always seem, to me, to be lifeless. I'd love to have there sound on all my tracks but getting a real drumkit to actually sound anywhere near good was a nightmare. That's the draw back of doing everything yourself and not having the money to pay someone to do it for you I suppose. Anyway when all was said and done and after wrestling with two mic's and much processing I think it turned out quite nice."


Sun so bright, 
I feel it's warmth upon my face
No worries in sight, 
Takes me to a better place

Grass so green and gentle breeze blowin'
Life's a dream when the laughter is flowing
Smiling away without even knowing
Raise a glass of fine wine
To the summertime

Clear blue skies, 
Not a cloud in sight to ruin my day
I can't disguise, 
How happy I'm feeling my cares all fade away

I love the summertime...

Sunlight starts to fade
Beautiful red and orange sky
In the cool of the shade
The sun disappears but only for now

by Steve Salterszo
© 2014 PinetreeMusic®

No comments:

Post a Comment